Tuesday May 3, 2022
It can be so tempting to believe that making That One Big Decision is going to change your business and life.
You’re going to create that coaching program, or sign up for a course, or contact 10 potential clients every day, and everything will improve.
So you make that decision… but if your choice to change stops there, your life will stay the same.
Because for that choice to have any effect, it has to be followed by countless others.
- You have to choose to take the steps required to create that coaching program.
- You have to choose to attend the calls or view the materials from the program you bought, and take the action steps.
- You have to set aside the time to contact those 10 people, and actually DO it, every day.
This is where a lot of people end up frustrated, stuck, and beating themselves up. They bought that course, had that big idea, or made that commitment, but life keeps getting in the way, and months later, they feel like a failure because their results STILL haven’t changed.
I’ve been there. It sucks. In some areas of life, I’m still working on getting past that, so we’re all on this journey together!
When I get stuck, or find myself repeatedly failing to work on a big project or commitment, here are some steps I use to get unstuck and start doing what I need to in order to get results:
1. Break the task down into very specific action steps. Where will you find these 10 potential clients, and what will you say to them? What is your next small, specific step in creating your coaching program?
2. Choose specific times and dates, like “1:00 – 2:00 each Wednesday,” and block them off in your calendar.
3. Celebrate each win. Don’t beat yourself up for the day you missed – celebrate the day you stuck to your commitment. Teach your brain to associate this commitment with good feelings.
4. Tell other people about your commitments. The easiest promises to break are the ones we make to ourselves, so make that promise to someone else as well!
5. Help your clients do the same thing! They, too, need to know EXACTLY what to do, and they may need support to carve out the time and willpower required to take action.
Speaking of helping your clients…
If you’re thinking of creating a group coaching program to supplement or replace your 1-1 coaching, so you can serve more people while having more time to fulfill all your other goals and commitments, I’d love to make that process easy for you by breaking it down into clear, actionable steps.
You can get my easy-to-follow, step-by-step walkthrough in book form, audio/video form, or live coaching form, so you can choose the method that works best for you.